• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

All-natural deodorant?

BeckyLee

Bluelighter
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone has had much success in using all-natural or organic deodorant?

I am highly concerned with using aluminum-based antiperspirants, as it is a known carcinogen, especially when considering how close it is to the breast area (family history of breast cancer).

I used to not sweat very much at all, since I eat a clean diet, but since I have been on rx adhd meds, for the first time in my life, I am quite sweaty and gross! I am thinking of trying lush brand deodorant, and I currently use a liquid roll-on by avalon organics (I don't like waiting around for it to dry though!). Any thoughts?

Is it a liquid, and does it take a long time to dry? And work well?

works well yes, it is a liquid, it um spritzes or sprays rather, ionize(?)it is not an aerosol.

it has a teatree, green grass, citrusy smell. me and tea tree oil do not get along, if i handle too much of the oil i will break out in a rash, but this doesnt have that affect, it may be eucalyptus now that i think about, and not teatree.

Edit: yes it does dry fast, strong smelling at first but that fades nicely after 10 minutes or less. different perfumes/scents smell different on different people. my skins very sensitive, i cant wash my face with soap or it burns and dries bad.

you could get some Dipropylene glycol (DPG) its cheap and accessible, buy a few small glass push&spray bottles, use the DPG and 2-3 drops lavender essential oil(antibacterial) 1-2 drops neroli/orange/citrus oil(antibacterial) too much might sting or irritate you, or some rose otto $$ or rose absolute in a .5oz +,- bottle. i wouldnt mix the rose with the citrus, but with lavender its great, or even patchouli- which i normally hate -but mixed with the right amount of rose it delicious smelling. AKA dragons blood.

Last edited:
If the aluminum is the only thing you are worried about, most mens deodorant doesnt have aluminum (I dont know why they put it in womens and not mens). My best friend, who is female, pretty much only uses Old Spice for that very reason actually, which is also what my boyfriend uses. It seems to work well for both of them and its long lasting. I know some all natural or organic deodorants have to be reapplied a lot.

lol thats for whitening purposes I think, but Im not really sure it would be an effective deodorant on its own (my opinion only ;)) I read somewhere that mixing it with sodium bicarbonate (plain ol baking soda) into a paste and smearing it into your armpits may be more effective.

thirded (it's a word tonite;))
for tom's of maine. top notch, excellent alternative.